When using the terms and conditions of use
The terms and conditions of use can be adopted for any type of website or application, such as e-commerce, blogs, classifieds sites, information and news sites, forums, online services, games, etc.
For sites that carry out e-commerce activities for goods and/or services, and in particular, if the user is a “consumer” (understood as the natural person who acts for purposes unrelated to commercial, artisanal or professional entrepreneurial activity possibly carried out), it is mandatory to provide specific information regarding the right of withdrawal (cancellation of the purchase), the deadlines and methods for its exercise, the conclusion of the sale, delivery, etc. (Legislative Decree 206/2005, Consumer Code). The violation of the disclosure obligations may result in penalties for the holder ranging from € 103 to € 10,000.
For other types of sites or apps (blogs, forums, information, sharing, and downloads, etc.), where it is expected that the user can register or share content, the terms and conditions are necessary to protect intellectual property and to protect the owner from abuse, limiting his liability and avoiding potential serious consequences.
In the event that the site or application is an e-marketplace, where users can be put in contact with third-party suppliers other than the owner, it will be important to correctly regulate the relationship between users, the owner of the platform and other sellers, defining responsibilities and obligations. of each. In this case, the e-marketplace membership conditions must be drawn up.
What the model terms and conditions of sale contain
Our template terms and conditions of use are customizable for all common types of sites or mobile or desktop apps. The main clauses concern:
- Characteristics of the goods and/or services: brief description of the products and/or services offered which can be both physical and digital
- Prices and payments: to define the payment methods, the policies adopted for prices, any taxes and additional costs
- Subscriptions: if provided, it will be possible to adjust the times and methods of renewal, cancellation and trial
- Delivery and right of withdrawal: to establish times, costs and delivery methods, the withdrawal and return of goods according to the obligations established for each specific type of product or service
- Legal guarantee of conformity: to comply, if necessary, with the obligations of consumer protection in the event of the purchase of defective products or products that do not respond to the declared use
- Liability: to exempt or limit the liability of the owner, avoiding any claims for damages
- Copyright: to prohibit the exploitation of the application contents, or choose a Creative Commons license that allows you to copy and distribute the contents for commercial or non-commercial purposes
- Registration and user content: managing registered users and uploading posts, comments or other content to effectively regulate your community in all cases of abuse such as copyright infringement, violence, spam, etc.
- English language: if your customers are foreigners, you can also create the document in English.
After the purchase, we will guide you step by step through all the subsequent formalities necessary for your document to be duly constituted.
For special needs it is always possible to request additional changes to our legal team.
Information you need
Some data from your site or app are required to complete the template. If you don’t know where to find this information we will help you with creating the document.
Remember that our service does not generate simple model terms and conditions of use. Based on your choices, the system automatically processes a document customized to your needs, guaranteeing its legal correctness.
The document can be modified in all its parts without time limits. Don’t worry so if you don’t have all the information available right away, you can always enter it later.
The terms and conditions are also known as:
- General conditions of sale for e-commerce or e-marketplace
- Terms and conditions
Other useful templates and facsimiles
- Website or App Development Agreement: to entrust the development of software to a supplier
- Estimation Contract or Sales Account: to deliver products to a reseller who will pay the price only after having sold them to the end customer
- User License Agreement: to use an intellectual property right (trademark, patent, know-how, design, software etc.)
- E-marketplace Membership Conditions: to regulate the relationship between the owner of an online marketplace and suppliers who sell products and/or services to users