With a Confidentiality Agreement for employees, the employer makes sure that not being disclosed all the confidential information the disclosure of which could damage it. Confidential information includes, for example, know-how, technologies, patentable ideas, financial or commercial relationships, business plans.
The confidentiality agreement for employees is used to limit the use of company information and data by the worker only for a specific purpose that must be defined in the agreement (e.g. he may use confidential information only for the realization of the project X). The employee may not, in fact, use this information for purposes other than that which is the subject of the contract, without the written authorization of the employer.
Worker’s employees have an obligation to the secrecy of information acquired in the performance of their duties. In fact, the obligations of loyalty and diligence bind the worker for the entire duration of the relationship (articles 2104 and 2105 of the civil code). The non-disclosure agreement is usually used to ensure the confidentiality of company information and data even beyond the end of the employment relationship.
When using an employee nondisclosure agreement
With the confidentiality agreement for its employees, the employer can bind the employee not to disclose confidential information for a specific period (egg until the end of the assignment or the registration of a patent). Alternatively, the employer may bind its employees even for an indefinite period. Think of the employee of a consulting firm who is obliged to maintain the secrecy of financial or business relationships with former clients.
It is possible to have the employee sign the agreement both at the time of hiring and at a later time during the employment relationship. For example, the employer may have the employee sign the agreement together with the employment contract or at the start of a new experimental project.
It is not possible, however, to provide for a worker confidentiality pact for information that is already in the public domain or if the worker was already aware of it before signing the contract. For example, an employer cannot oblige the employee not to use, outside of project X, know-how he was already aware of before the start of the employment relationship.
In some cases, it is the European privacy legislation (GDPR) that dictates the need to sign a non-disclosure agreement with the employee. If the latter comes into contact with the personal data of users, it is important to ensure that he is aware of the fact that the data processed by him are confidential and that they are kept as such even if the employment relationship ends. It is therefore advisable to have the employee sign a written agreement.
What the facsimile employee confidentiality agreement contains
Our employee confidentiality agreement meets all legal requirements. The main clauses concern:
- Purpose: The use of information should be limited to the achievement of a specific purpose
- Duration: the agreement can be for a term (e.g. for one year) or for an indefinite period, i.e. without a deadline (useful for situations in which information such as non-patentable know-how, customer lists or personal information is shared)
- Sharing with third parties: you must be able to choose whether the employee who receives the information can be authorized to share it with their colleagues or third parties
- English language: if the employee is a foreigner, it may be convenient to write the document in English to simplify bargaining
At the end of the interview, we will guide you step by step through all the subsequent steps necessary for your document to be valid and effective.
Information you need
All parts data are required to complete the document. If you don’t know where to find this information we will help you during the guided interview.
Remember that our interview does not generate a simple facsimile of an employee confidentiality agreement. Based on your answers, the system automatically draws up a customized contract model for your exact needs, guaranteeing its legal correctness.
The document can be modified in all its parts without time limits. Don’t worry so if you don’t have all the information available during the interview, you can always enter it later.
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Employee confidentiality agreement
- Employee confidentiality agreement
- Employee Nondisclosure Agreement
- Employee confidentiality commitment
- Employee non-disclosure obligation
- Confidentiality or secrecy agreement
Other useful templates and facsimiles
- Employment Contract for Employees: to hire an employee, a worker, or a manager
- Letter of Intent: to define the current status of negotiation and regulate its continuation
- Trademark Registration: to protect a trademark, logo or other distinctive sign at a national, European or international level
- Patent Registration: to file and protect your invention for exclusive use on a national, European or international level
- Continuous Service Supply Agreement: to regulate the relationship between a customer and the supplier of a continuous service over time