With the Supply and Installation Contract, a client instructs an entrepreneur to supply materials and / or equipment and requests their installation. The supplier adds to the typical performance of the seller (the supply of the goods) an activity, the installation, which he carries out thanks to his technical knowledge and with the use of specific tools.
This agreement does not have a legal definition but, depending on the way it is implemented, is governed by different rules. If the supplier carries out the installation with his own work, without the help of workers, the discipline is that of the professional work contract (art. 1655-1676 of the civil code). On the other hand, when the supplier has his collaborators carry out the work in whole or in part, it is referred to as a supply and installation contract (articles 2222-2238 of the Italian Civil Code).
This agreement should be signed to regulate the most important aspects of the assembly or installation of the goods supplied. For example, it is possible to fix the delivery date of the works, regulate the methods of verification of the installation (before and after installation) and provide for a penalty to protect against delays in installation / assembly.
When using the supply with installation
This model agreement is used to commission the supply of finished goods (e.g. installation of fixtures, gates, railings, boilers, tiles) and the realization of the manual works necessary for their use (laying, installation, assembly). For example, a client turns to a company for the supply of parquet for his home and instructs it to install the materials supplied.
The document can be used to entrust the supply and installation of a company of any size, from small entrepreneurs (e.g. craftsman) to a structured company. The customer can, for example, buy a gate from a locksmith who will also take care of the installation or contact a large distributor for the same activity.
If the installation of the supplied goods is a simple and residual activity compared to the supply, we are not faced with an installation. In this case, the contract for the sale of movable property must be used. For example, we talk about selling if you buy a washing machine and require a simple connection to the electricity and water mains.
What does the on-site supply contract model contain?
Our supply and installation contract meets all legal requirements. The main clauses concern:
- Object: the description of the goods to be supplied and to be installed/assembled, which may include any attachments, drawings and additional technical specifications
- Fee: the possibility of indicating fixed fees for the various stages of supply and installation, with any advances and payments staggered over time
- Start and delivery: to indicate the date on which the activity must begin and end
- Penalties: to insert a penalty in case of delay in the delivery of the works
- Reimbursement of expenses: for particular costs incurred by the supplier
- Verification or testing period: in which the customer checks the correct execution of the installation and assembly
- Subcontracting: to choose whether or not to authorize the entrustment of all or part of the activity to third parties
- Work safety: to ensure compliance with the relevant legal requirements when necessary
- English language: if the counterparty is foreign, it may be useful to generate the document in English to facilitate the negotiation
At the end of the interview we will guide you step by step through all the subsequent steps necessary for your document to be valid and effective.
Information you need
All parts data are required to complete the document.
Remember that our interview does not generate a simple facsimile of a supply and installation contract. Based on your answers, the system automatically draws up a customized contract model for your needs, guaranteeing its legal correctness.
The document can be modified free of charge in all its parts without time limits. Don’t worry so if you don’t have all the information available during the interview, you can always enter it later.
The realization of an installation includes a wide spectrum of different situations and can be regulated by more than one type of contract, for example:
- Work contract
- Contract for building works
- Performance of work
- Freelance work
- Engineering contract
- Supply and installation of fixtures
- supply and installation contract
Other useful templates and facsimiles
- Contract for the sale and purchase of movable goods: to transfer the ownership of any movable property to a buyer
- Continuous Service Supply Agreement: to regulate the relationship between a customer and the supplier of a continuous service over time
- Employment Contract for Employees: to hire a worker, an employee or a manager
- Residential Lease Agreement: to rent a house or apartment